Peer-reviewed publications in Management & psychology
Lu, J., Lee, J. J., Galinsky, A., & Gino, F. (forthcoming). Polluted morality: Air pollution predicts criminal activity and unethical behavior. Psychological Science.
Wolf, E. B., Lee, J. J., Sah, S. & Brooks, A. W. (2016). Managing perceptions of distress at work: Reframing distress as passion. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 137:1-12.
Lee, J. J., & Gino, F. (2015). Poker-faced morality: Concealing emotions leads to utilitarian decision making. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 126:49-64.
ten Brinke, L., Lee, J. J., & Carney, D. (2015). The physiology of (dis)honesty: Does it impact health? Current Opinions in Psychology, 6:177-182.
Lee, J. J., Gino, F., Jin, E. S., Rice, L., & Josephs, B. (2015). Hormones and ethics: Understanding the biological basis of unethical behavior. Journal of Experimental Psychology: General, 144(5): 891-897.
Lee, J. J., Gino, F., & Staats, B. (2014). Rainmakers: Why bad weather means good productivity, Journal of Applied Psychology, 99(3):504-513.
Sherman, G. D., Lee, J. J., Cuddy, A. J. C., Renshon, J., Oveis, C., Gross, J., & Lerner, J. S. (2012). Leadership is associated with lower levels of the stress, Proceedings in the National Academy of Science, 109(44):17903-17907.
Peer-reviewed publications in politics & public policy
- Renshon, J., Lee, J. J., & Tingley, D. (2017). Emotions and the micro-foundations of commitment problems in international politics. International Organization, 71(S1):S189-S218.
- Renshon, J., Lee, J. J., & Tingley, D. (2014). Physiological arousal and political beliefs, Political Psychology, 36(5):569-585.
- Lee, J. J., Sohn, Y., & Fowler, J. (2013). Emotion regulation influences political ideology: Does reappraisal decrease support for conservative policies?, PLoS ONE, 8(12):e83143.
- Lee, J. J. (2009). To fuel or not to fuel: China’s energy assistance to North Korea, Asian Security, 5(1):45-72.
- Lee, J. J. (2006). Policymaking process and intelligence analysis: The U.S.-South Korea relationship with respect to North Korea, The Korea Policy Review, Harvard Kennedy School, Vol. 2, pp. 49-65.
invited articles & book chapters
- Lee, J. J. & Gino, F. (2017). In search of moral equilibrium: Person, situation, and their interplay in behavioral ethics. In K. Gray & J. Graham (Eds.), The Atlas of Moral Psychology: Mapping Good and Evil in the Mind, New York: Guilford Press.
- Lee, J. J. & Gino, F. (2016). Envy and interpersonal corruption: Social comparison processes and unethical behavior in organizations. In U. Merlone, M. Duffy, M. Perini & R. Smith (Eds.), Envy at Work and in Organizations: Research, Theory, and Applications, Oxford University Press.
- Cable, D. , Lee, J. J., Gino, F. & Staats, B.R., How Best-Self Activation Influences Emotions, Physiology and Employment Relationships (September 17, 2015). Harvard Business School NOM Unit Working Paper No. 16-029.
Jachimowicz, J.M., and Lee, J. J. and Staats, B.R. and Menges, J.I. and Gino, F., Commuting as Role Transitions: How Trait Self-Control and Work-related Prospection Offset Negative Effects of Lengthy Commutes (January 5, 2017). Harvard Business School NOM Unit Working Paper No. 16-077; Columbia Business School Research Paper No. 16-7.
Lee, J. J. and Gino, F. and Cable, D. and Staats, B.R., Preparing the Self for Team Entry: How Relational Affirmation Improves Team Performance (March 22, 2016). Harvard Business School NOM Unit Working Paper No. 16-111.
Bhanot, S.P., Chang, D., Lee, J.J., and Ranson, M., Emotions and Decisions in the Real World: What Can We Learn from Quasi-Field Experiments? (April 25, 2017). Working Paper.
- Gino, F., Staats, B.R., Jachimowicz, J.M., and Lee, J. J. and Menges, J.I. Reclaim your commute: Getting to and from work doesn't have to be soul crushing, Harvard Business Review. May-June 2017.
business cases & teaching materials
- Brooks, A.W., Gino, F., Lee, J.J., & Staats, B.R. Advika Consulting Services: Challenges and Opportunities in Managing Human Capital, Harvard Business School Case 916-033, June 2016.
- Ashford, S., & Lee, J.J. Reflected Leadership Development Exercise (in preparation)